SAU100-USB (v.2) Installation Guide
Describes the procedure for connecting the emulator SAU100-USB (v.2) in the in the Code Compose Studio
- XDS100v2 USB JTAG emulator. Supports the following Texas Instruments families with a JTAG Interface: C28x, C54x, C55x, C64x+, C674x, C66x, ARM 9, Cortex R4, A8, A9 , M3 & M4 (CCSv4.2.2 or later).
- Fully compatible with Code Composer Studio IDE.
- Supported in Windows.
- USB port powered.
- Supports adaptive clocking.
- Install the integrated development environment Code Composer Studio 5.x BEFORE CONNECTING THE EMULATOR! (support for XDS100 is embedded in the IDE, no additional drivers are required.)
- Connect the USB connector of the emulator cable to a PC. After the operating system has detected the emulator, its correct installation can be checked in the Device Manager:
- Install a necessary adapter to the 20-pin emulator connector. Connect the JTAG connector of the emulator extension board to the board to be debugged.
Connection to a Processor/ Microcontroller in Code Composer Studio
- Run the IDE and create a new connection configuration (New -> Target Configuration File):
- Name the new configuration file (here: 1705.ccxml). Click “Finish”.
- In the “Connection” field, select the emulator type “Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Emulator”. Select your type of processor or debug board in the “Board or Device” field. Click “Save” (here, the AM1707 processor is chosen).
Connection to the Processor
- Launch the current configuration:
- Connect to the processor:
- View the contents of the memory and registers: